I WILL, I WON'T

25th March-30 minute hunt for customer service, no luck.

Last week I was casually (trying not to buy cosmetics as my flat is practically a skincare warehouse) strolling through a retail pharmacy (As in it is more retail driven than it is with prescriptions, ironic really considering what happened or more like what didn't/should have happened) and I had a few questions for the staff, but therein lay the problem, where were the staff?

I kept to myself as I was heavily distracted with shiny things and a sale 'bin', unfortunate name for the said cardboard tub that was literally on it's last legs. Thirty minutes had passed by, there they were, tying string to the ceiling that had some tiny flyer's with impossibly tiny font which said something about something "Coming Soon". Seriously fellow Marketeers-pulse points, larger font. What was that? A6 or A7? Are you trying to grab my attention or are you just ticking off the boxes on your marketing launch pack?..one size fits all the stores.."Yes, that will do"..Not.


Sunday Night Fright, With A Touch Of A Fight

This video literally says it all...but wait, there's more..
I want to make it very clear that I am not out to cause trouble out there in the retail and supermarket sector. 

Ooh so you are one of those whinging people..Umm no..No Name & Shame.
I would much rather Teach than Preach.

I WILL-Shop again and again as I love the experience. I am time poor, I just want to buy what I need, maybe buy a few things that I don't need but it is shiny or anti-ageing (this is where the staff member needs to be jumping in to greet me and to show me what products in their store is rocking their world) and then I would like to peacefully leave without any register failure that leaves me bewildered after standing there alone for 15 minutes. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

Don't Fear Me If You See Me

I Won't-'Mystery Shop' you. I am not getting paid to do that, nor do I get any pleasure from making things difficult for staff, what goes around comes around and I am working my best at eliminating bad customer service, respectfully. Take care out there.


Don't Anchor In Anger-KMR

"Fighting fire with fire prolongs the hurt and it burns more people. There is strength in silence. Not every action requires a reaction.  But later it will require action on your part, a healing action"-Hurtful Healing-KMR Beaute Blog

If you feel your blood boiling and the situation just isn't right on any level, then respectfully ask for details and then walk away. Follow it up another day. Don't act in anger, unless anger defines who you are as a person, then please ask for help. I am talking to both the staff member and the customer here, we both have responsibility for our actions and the words that we use. Anger Anchors - KMR Beaute Blogs.

'Business Melioration'-KMR Beaute Blog

'A staff member asked me once "You will never be satisfied, will you?" I thought it was an attack, but I stopped for a minute to think about it and then I turned to her and replied "No I won't. I will be happy with what WE can do, but I will always be striving for a better and easier way for us to get through our day". This incited dedication and drove my staff to push themselves, and myself, that little bit further.

Be it how my staff hold the carry bag before they present (not give) it to their customer, to how we stand when serving a customer, to how we complete our window displays. Every step of the customer journey matters, in every industry. This is your point of difference'-Business Melioration, KMR Beaute Blog.

Will Customer Service Survive?
I hope so, for my sake.

King M. Rakic
More KMR Beaute- Customer Service Blogs

Comments

Popular Posts