UNWAVERING FAVORING

MY 2018 FAVOURITES - TRIED, TESTED, LOVED.

Each year I present a collection of amazing products that I have lived with throughout the year. With cosmetic products I need to see a visible difference. Other products or services need to give me the WOW! experience. I hope to help people of all ages to #LookThinkAndFeelBetter .



A'kin Geranium & Cedarwood Natural Deodorant offers more than odour neutralising care as geranium essential oil also acts to calm and revive the senses. Cedarwood and Patchouli additionally contain deodorising properties. The mild natural unisex scent is a soft herbalist mix. Australian made and owned.

Shot On Location-Mum's Garden Oasis
Much to my dismay, my mother is extremely low key when it comes to cosmetics, I would love to shower her in products, but she turns them away. I am forever trying to slip a new product into her bathroom cabinet to see if she will use it. I end up taking them home when I next visit her. That is until I spoke to her about my blog review of Klorane's Strengthening & Revitalizing Shampoo With Quinine. I bought her a bottle and she used it. "Don't buy me anything, but please get me that shampoo next time you come over. My hair looks fuller. I love it". My mum lost nearly 50% of her hair when she was giving birth to me. She wasn't bald, it was just very fine, you could see straight through to her scalp. Mum never really got onto the hair loss lotions, but as a former hairdresser, I have not given up hope on finding a product to make her feel less self-concious. I found it now! This makes me very happy.

#KMRVideo

I have had my trials and tribulations with fake tanning products over the years, especially with the "does not smell like fake tan", but it still does. Except for the wonders of Bondi Sands that is. Newest tan on the block is their 1 Hour Express Self Tanning Foam. When it comes to foams, less is more in this case as the foam is more dense than standard balls of foam once dispensed out of the aerated canister. You will have a slight ashen tone to your skin, so you may not want to go out during this one hour or more process (up to 2-3 hours for a darker look). I have a mediterranean background, but I have seen the fairest of them all use this and it has worked a treat! Is this better than the standard 'overnight' formula? No, it is just a new formula to suit a different need...I need, I have, I'm very happy!
I'm a 'natural beauty'..

In my less than humble opinion, I believe that Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Signature Range sits fairly and squarely within the 'Organic Cosmeceuticals' category. Don't get me wrong, their Purely White range is working nightly on my pigmented forehead, coupled with the Herbal Recovery Signature Serum during the day under my moisturiser and my sunblock (essential for this process), I can already see visible results. Yes, natural skincare can deliver on results.


On the natural vibe, I am happy as can be with Dr Haushcka's gift to the world, their Regenerating Day Cream Complexion. During the day when my skin is lack lustre, and I live off lustre both visually and gregariously, this cream smooths out my imperfections whilst I work on eliminating them, as mentioned above.

So what are these two products nestled within? Well this is an artful bowl created out of a coconut shell, inset with real mother of pearl. A friend who went to Thailand asked me what I wanted as a gift. Now this was difficult as I have all that I need. Yet she persevered.."something artful, surreal, out there" I replied. She got it right, oh so right!


Karen Murrell "Nothing Nasty Touches My Lips" is true to form. Our staff at work love the natural based ingredients with colour that actually lasts. This hasn't always been the case when it comes to natural based lipsticks in the past. My favourite is the clear Moisture Stick. I love the consistency as it is not too oily nor is it too dry, just right.


You Suck! Differently I hope?! I am all for getting rid of plastic straws, but the long aluminium straws just didn't seem practical to me, put that in my pocket or keep it in my bag? That is until I was taught to Suck Differently.

A display stand pole pictured here, folds up in a similar fashion as the Suck Differently Straw.
The bendable food grade silicone lies within the aluminium straw. Which folds up a treat and it comes in a tiny case that fits unobtrusively in your pocket with it's own pull through cleaning toggle. This may sound unusual, but it works really well. I bought a three pack and I gave each one away. KMR Beaute isn't all about finding amazing products and services for myself, I am looking out for you too!


The eyes are the window to your soul..etc and so forth. My eyes are framed beautifully as most men have 'to die for eyelashes' naturally which women covet. Yet I don't mind a few coats of the mascara wand now and again. The best way to do that is naturally in my mind, natural based ingredients that is. I'm Nude By Nature..and naughty by nature ;)


Working from left to right, brings us to another gem from Jurlique. Quite simply because in 2018, they got it right again with the reformulation of their makeup remover/cleansing oil. Oil? On my normal to oily skin? Yes, I love it. The oil is light and it acts like a magnet to makeup for those who want to double cleanse without stripping their skin, gently does it. Use it on a cotton pad to remove your eye makeup (even waterproof mascara), put it directly onto makeup to remove it before blending 50/50 with water in your hand as it turns into a milk lotion for a second cleanse.

Yes guys use it too. Sweat and pollution removal for us city folk. Whether guys want to use it as a gentle cleansing oil or to blend it with water to use it as a cleansing lotion. This was the only way that I could cleanse my face during an ezcema flare up. It isn't magic, it's the real deal, naturally.



It is no secret that my skin has it's up's and down's. If only that was for my body where I could cover it up, but rather eczema appears on my face when certain environmental and stressful situations take hold. Prevention is always better than cure, unless you have Dexeryl on hand, then I can recover from a flare up overnight as apposed to a couple of days.

"I swim in a chlorinated pool once a week and it was really irritating my skin. I have used sorbolene and cortisone in the past and it would clear it up temporarily, but my skin would get irritated again after I swam the next week. Dexeryl has made a massive difference. I can get on with my day, without the pain of irritation"-Mark S. One of my customers from work at Gaslight Pharmacy who I recommended to use Dexeryl. These are one of those great moments that I love, sharing products that I find, to help others.



To say that I have struggled to find a lightweight sunblock over the years would be an understatement. My normal to oily skin felt even oilier on my face an hour after applying a sunblock. Even the "light as air" types, felt as if they were there, with an oily shine in no time. That was until I found MINC. This truly has no weight at all, with added antioxidants and hydrators to help to protect your skin against the elements. Rethink zinc and check out this link.



King M. Rakic
#KMRStyling-Thank you to Gaslight Pharmacy for allowing me to take the main photo's within the pharmacy.
-My Best & Fairest Of 2017 is here 'A Gilded Heart Of Rose'



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts