Violently Opposed To Violence

This is fierce, on different levels..LOL

I was raised to take life seriously, to do what I do to my best ability, and "Darling have fun. I love you" my mum often says. 
Try it, get it done and have some fun. I'm still working on receiving compliments, not aesthetically, but rather on my achievements, I tend to play down my achievements and then I get frozen when it comes to acknowledging it in public. 

At work last month, I (frozen again now typing this. I don't want to sound full of myself) was the employee of the month, I also won a national merchandising competition. I'm definitely not shy, maybe it is an ingrained, yet drowning, sense of humility.

 My post on when it happened-here

As a dancer I was taught to "do it with intention". If you got a dance step wrong, don't stop and think about it, that draws unnecessary attention to your error, keep going, you intended to go left instead of right for that step, no one noticed...learn from it later. Breathe, Move.

If someone wants to verbally shoot you down, then let them, it is not a sign of weakness on your part, as sometimes there is strength in silence. Other times, you go for it, stick to your facts, name calling is desperation personified, factually fire away, even if you don't have a "Whiskerpedia" page and you have no idea what you are talking about..fake it til you make it, just don't become fake..deliver upon your words and give it 10% more.


No matter how strong or "switched on" you think that you may be, social media and media in general can get to you in a bad way on some level. Things have a way of manifesting themselves.


I have an unwritten code as to not repost any acts of violence on social media. It sounds simple, but it's not. A "funny slap" is funny right?! My father was a violent alcoholic, that doesn't mean that I am overly cautious as a rule, I just believe that violence isn't necessary. If your words carry no weight, there is no need to "throw your weight around". Maybe your point is pointless or your words are falling on deaf ears, walk away. Keep walking, keep talking, you'll find your way.

"Fighting fire with fire prolongs the hurt and it burns more people.
There is strength in silence. Their action towards you doesn't require a reaction from you.  But later it will require action on your part, a healing action"-excerpt from my blog: Hurtful Healing

King M. Rakic

Comments

Popular Posts