Skincare Essence-tial


There I was, thinking that I was watching an Australian Tourism commercial. In effect I guess I was as the world has taken to the natural Australian beauty that is Jurlique.

Please forgive me for taking 11 months to discover the Activating Water Essence as it appears as 'New' in this video. I could write about a more colourful product within their range. I could write about a more fragrant product from their aromatherapy range or their limited edition gem...Yet I choose to write about a product which I honestly didn't think would be as effective or as necessary as others within the Jurlique skincare collection...I was wrong.

Over the years in which I have worked in the cosmetics industry, I have tried and tested many innovative skincare products and related electronic devices. I was a cleanser, serum, face oil, moisturiser, eye cream kind of guy. I would seek uncomplicated, results orientated, skincare products. Adding anything else to my daily skincare ritual was not going to happen, with the exception of my weekly face masks. 

The last few months have been particularly difficult for me personally. Stress, poor eating habits and cold Autumnal winds reactivated my facial eczema and I was ready to do whatever it takes to get rid of that red prickly heat that ascended from nasolabial folds up towards my eyes. By the way, eczema and tears are excruciatingly painful. 

Jurlique's Calendula Redness Rescue Treatment Serum combined with their Calendula Cream felt great on my skin, but I kid you not, my skin was literally crying out for something more. I needed a buffer, a hydrator, oil free, which was more than the facial mist, yet weightless. Luckily I found that in their Activating Water Essence.



What it is not-A toner, chemical based, highly fragranced (even if it is natural, which is my preference, as natural fragrances can irritate my skin when it flares up), hydrocortisone based which I was advised to use, I prefer not to*.

What it is-A unique texture somewhere between their facial mist and serum, it is cooling, it is calming, I was using less of my serum as it penetrated better after I pressed the Essence into my skin. There is a technique involved when applying the Essence, otherwise you are simply wiping it onto your skin and wiping it off at the same time if you swipe it across your skin. I paid attention to the application technique however I was heavy handed due to my prickly heated desperation. A few drops into the palm of your hand is definitely sufficient. Over use was simply wasting a really good product unnecessarily.



Jurlique's Activating Water Essence is great for men as well, especially after shaving. I never had a shaving rash whilst I used the Essence. It is not just for those of us who have problematic skin occasionally or those of us who live in a drying sunburnt country like Australia #HydrationNation . It is for Winter, Spring and Autumn. For every step of the way. I will be adding this Aussie Essence-tial step to my skincare daily.

KMR
Jurlique counter at Gaslight Pharmacy
*Please seek medical or health practitioner based advice. I have done so myself. The Calendula range and the Activating Water Essence is not targeted as an eczema treatment, my case is relatively mild, these are my findings alone.
-The gold standard of conditioning lotions- Peau De Champagne

Comments

Popular Posts