The 14 Day Quarantine Pantry Plan


"As more people are staying at home in light of the novel Coronavirus it’s probably a good time to get your pantry in order.
Basic general needs come into play, but that doesn’t mean you need to live off bland and boring food.
If you make a plan, you can enjoy a great variety of colourful foods that are high in nutrients and ones that will make you feel good AND look after your health"..Lee Holmes.

If I don't know the answer, then I will do what I can to find it. "sorry we have sold out, our suppliers are out of stock, indefinitely". No answer, no solution, no hope? It felt like Customer (Dis-)Service. I don't like this.
Coronavirus has shown the worst in people. It's ok to feel anger, violence is never ok. Our inherent sense of wanting to protect ourselves has come to the forefront. We fear what we might get and we get our needs confused with wants. Where there's smoke, there's bushfire. A virus is felt before symptoms are seen.
Fear of the unknown, is a new zone. I work in a pharmacy. We are vigilant, concerned, not scared. When I see people's reactions in supermarkets, that scares me.
I love to cook, but planning 14 days worth of staples and accoutrements is beyond my 2-3 day foresight. A 14 day food supply could expire within days if we don't plan to shop.

I don't have time for Google facts, I need experience. I called my Mother, then my friend Lee. Mostly I just wanted to talk it out. I have always believed that locking myself away from others when I am sick is smarter than potentially sharing it with others. That type of sharing isn't caring. Instead, please call and share how you feel. Ask for help if you need too, its ok.
I talked it out, then I remembered that Lee Holmes is experienced enough as a Holistic Nutritionist, Wholefoods Chef, Yoga/Meditation Teacher; in order to be able to at least put my mind at ease. I gave Lee food for thought and I challenged her to give it her all. I want her blog to go viral, no more people please.

Please read and share Lee's new comprehensive and practical blog. It helped me - 'Coronavirus 14-day Healthy Guide To Stockpiling Your Pantry, Plus Shopping List' 

Comments

Popular Posts