Your Entourage In Camouflage


Makeup artistry in Harrods and across London drew me in like a moth to a flame 25 years ago. Whilst Gordana worked her way into television makeup residency where her work attracted the attention, as it does to this day, from visiting Hollywood stars who request her work as a makeup artist.



Over the years we have heard people tell us what they hate about their appearance, what they want to cover up, to colour in, to correct. My pimples in the past drew the attention of Dermablend who had a reputation in the retail world of covering everything that you didn't want to see. The cover foundation, then the setting powder. It worked, it was a process. I wasn't their makeup artist, I was their before and after model at beauty industry events. "I wish they used a model with really bad skin, to see the makeup work better" a few people said to me. Sorry for that, I guess?


Now it seems that on every block there is an eyebrow tattooist opening their own salon. What I am about to say isn't a proclamation, but it is the truth, I keep forgetting that Gordana has visible tattoos on her arms and neck, I can't see them. What I can see is a lady who asks questions not of others, but she questions herself. "If someone has lost a nail, could I tattoo a nail?"

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage jumped out at me from one of the drawers at work. I thought to myself, makeup artists are limited by the brands that they work with, it honestly is easier to just send their customers to a doctor if unsure about vitiligo or scarring.


I work in a Pharmacy with student nurses, doctors and dermatologists visit each day. I asked, I am grateful to get the answers. Gordana works with a doctor, she explored her artistry to offer her clients more.

~This is the beginning of something beautiful, she already is~
King M. Rakic - KMR Beaute & Gaslight Pharmacy
Interviews Gordana, DrFreckleAndMrHide.com


Comments

Popular Posts