COMFORTABLY OUT OF MY ZONE


Margie Warrell On LinkedIn


I love this video of Margie's rough and raw story as it paints a perfect picture of a life lesson learnt from her yearning for the divine equine. However, had she delivered the final paragraph without the back story, I may have swiped along to the next post in my news feed and the inspiration which prompted me to write this article would not have come to fruition. People telling you the answers to life, without their own story, sounds more like their trip to their own perceived glory...unrelatable.

I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge. Learning new things is fun and empowering, compared to someone reading facts to you. I respect a persons experience, but some facts I may not retain. Match that with my own discovery, let's share information, then I will grow and come back again. I can relate to Margie's example of taking ourselves out of our comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Earlier this year I won a National Merchandising Competition at work, last month I entered the current competition.


King M. Rakic (aka KMR Beaute)-Jurlique National Merchandising Competition Winner,  April 2018-

How could I possibly present a better entry this time around, after winning the last time? I had a creative block for a few days, I was stuck in the past, constantly thinking of what I did to win the last competition, I need to be in the present.


I HAD TO STOP WITH THE COMPARE, IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO TURN ON MY FLAIR!

Firstly-Don't force it. Look at it from a different angle. Draw up a template, go down on your knees and look at it from a different angle, not everyone is your height. When someone says to you "I don't know if that will work as it has never been done before" then you know that you are on the right track, go for it and don't look back. There are no losers when people do their best. Especially if their current personal best is above what they once thought that they could never do. Yes, I am talking about myself as well. I've been there, I'm happy to share.

TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK. IT WORKED FOR ME!


Training staff to sell and to do their job well is great. Nurturing their passion and watching them turn what in their minds was once a "No" (I can't do that) into "Sure, let's go!" is truly inspiring!

King M. Rakic 
My Article Orginally Posted On My LinkedIn Page.
♦ #Learning #Yearning #HavingFunAlongTheWay ♦

Comments

Popular Posts