I'm Grounded, I'll Come Back Later


I grounded myself last week.
It was exactly what I needed after a day at the doctors turned into two days. Complications, Miscommunication, Dissuasion. This in turn threw all of my holiday plans out. My blood pressure was sky high, my head started to ache. My doctor was worried.

The Domain, Sydney

It eventually ended. I wanted to quickly catch up for lost time. I walked, I kept walking, until I came upon this tree. It's true, I was thinking 'selfie moment', but that moment wouldn't come, wrong angle, I looked stressed, I'm not stressed, just busy, I stopped my'self'. I sat at the base of the tree for about 10 minutes. This tree must have been here for 100 years with it's roots deep in the ground. Watching us folk scurry back and forth. No word of a lie, I felt a bit silly, giving power to the madness that was the last 48 hours. My health is good, cholesterol a bit high, but the whole situation I let it get to me, which in turn made me physically worse. The doctor lost my results etc, quick give him medication, his blood pressure is high...why?! 


Electricity is everywhere, even in the human body. Almost all of our cells can use these charged elements, called ions, to generate electricity. How wonderful does it feel when we are near the ocean. The water crashing against the rocks, creating negative ions that feel as if they are putting our mind at ease. Lightening bolts scurry back and forth in the sky, some strike down, to be earthed. We can ground ourselves too. 

I wasn't quite ready to take my shoes off and skip through the city grass today, it's ok to sit and eat, but I don't trust for a barefoot frolic. I wasn't ready to spend another day in the doctors waiting room, but this time waiting for a tetanus shot for a sharp accidentally left behind from a lunchtime feast all rusty and shredding my feet, if I did indeed risk walking around barefoot. 

Hyde Park, Sydney

I was prepared to feel the strength of the tree trunk, to run my fingers across the bushes as I walked past and to focus my camera on some flora swaying in the wind as it lowered my pressure. An hour had passed, I managed a selfie with the magnificent tree and a true smilie from me. I'm still 48 hours behind, but I feel like I can move forward. Less scurry, Less worry.


King M. Rakic 

More On- Grounding

Comments

Popular Posts