Burn Baby Burn, Summer Inferno!


I work in a pharmacy and December was a festive mix of slicing, dicing and burns to the skin. Slow down please, be present in the moment, especially if you are preparing your dinner with a sharp knife. 

Two days ago the Aussie Summer heat broke all records and lately the sun has broken through peoples efforts to try and protect themselves from its relentless shine.

From The Cancer Council Of Australia. Additional Mythbusting Sheet

People have experienced various degrees of sunburn which could have possibly occurred due to not applying the correct amount of sunscreen, not re-applying it often enough or due to inconsistency with their application technique. It sounds like hard work, but it is important work. So what is the general guide to all of this?  😎                                   


Please Watch This Video from the Cancer Council
       
In the past you have applied aloe vera to your sunburn and this is a good idea if you are ready to re-apply and re-apply and re-apply. Now you are hot, burnt and sticky. You reach for a body cream to try and get some more relief, but a cream on hot and inflamed skin is like butter on a frying pan. Then a cool shower, for an hour, or more. Exhausting.

March 17th 2017, I wrote a post on both of my social media pages about the wonders of Avène's Eau Thermale Spring Water . To this day, people mostly listen to the story of my 5 second transformation from new shoe blister pain to the wonder of me being able to walk again. I thought I was done, message delivered, spray this on irritated skin and you will be relieved of a great portion of your discomfort within seconds. 



And I was ok with how things were until this current summer scorcher season which has scorched the skin of quite a few adults and children. 

"Blisters on your feet are one thing, but how can water help with my sunburn? This sounds weird to me. I have never heard of this before." Stop talking, start spraying. My experienced advice is here in writing for those in doubt, not a problem, the products work.

The questions and doubt I have heard right up until I sold the last can of the Thermal Spring Water last week. Water hydrates and cools, the additional minerals from the spring in France help to sustain your relief. I like to couple the Spring Water with their Antirougeurs Calm Soothing Mask as it has a creamy gel texture which is perfect for when you want to avoid touching your skin as much as possible as it glides upon application. 
What A Relief!
If this can help me with my eczema flare ups, then it can definitely help you with most of your burn outs. 

Protect, Repair, Care, At KMR.


I am independent and not affiliated with any products or businesses. These are my findings from my own product trials and that of my customers. KMR- #ForPeopleNotForProfit

Comments

Popular Posts