A Gilded Heart Of Rose

A Photo Of My New Desk Clock. Which Inspired And Taught Me More
Rose gold is created when you combine yellow gold with copper, a glamorous alloy. One of my professional lives I have worked as a jewellery sales man and a management consultant. 25 years of making people look and feel beautiful with cosmetics, gifts and fine jewellery. Don't be fooled by the rocks that I've got. I'm still Kingy from the block. 

I received this desk clock as a gift from work, if not simply referring to the hue rather than natures mined and refined commodity. It caught my eye in our gift section. It also caught the magnet behind my name badge. There is definitely a sturdy metallic frame here.


Why should the casing of a desk clock matter so much? Will I be wearing this weighted metallic desk clock around my neck all day? As I channel Flavour Flav from Public Enemy with his signature clock worn on his chest whilst singing "Don't Believe The Hype," as I strut throughout my day. Listen to the hype, love the hype, let the hype lift you up, believe in yourself. A fragrance wraps itself around you and it keeps memories within you of your first love, that new job, that holiday romance...which inspired you to buy the fragrance or it captured a moment in time when you received it as a gift. 



Rose gold. Rose scent. 
It evokes more within us. 
"In all civilisations and religions, gold has always managed to seduce people"-Paco Rabanne. 
One Million For Men fragrance-has a heart note of rose.

Copper Desk Clock by Urban Products at Gaslight Pharmacy
Rose gold set fire to the cosmetic blogging world roughly six months ago as makeup brush sets were re-invented with this rose gold hue. No more black makeup brush handles like the rest, as rose gold is here to adorn your cosmetic accessories. Candle jars and limited edition casing for makeup followed suit. I loved the look. The "Swarovski Concepts" tried a little too hard to cross between the cosmetics and fashion industries as they overtly embellished every brand who wanted to capitalise on the "crystalize". They are not a genuine Swarovski product, a concept if you may. Swarovski were wise not to market their brand in this manner.  

CLASS-You Have To Learn It,
 Earn It, Discern It.

When I brought my clock home, I remembered that I already had a few items with the rose gold look. What were they? I felt a social media 'Gilded Rose' photoshoot coming on. Initially I didn't plan on writing a blog. I started with rose in colour, then rose in nature came to me, rose from nature. The colours worked well visually, I had the photo that I wanted, my insatiable thirst for knowledge made me research a little bit more, the products started to complement each other more than just visually. My photo grew organically into this blog. Naturally and organically like some of the ingredients within the products themselves.

Rose Is Used To Soften, Balance & Restore The Skin

Jurlique-Radiance Renewal 28 Day Programme, limited edition.
Rose Silk Finishing Powder. Essence Of Rose, Roll On Fragrance Oil.
The week before last, I completed the Jurlique Radiance Renewal 28 Day Programme. It is reminiscent of the glass ampoules filled with skin rejuvenating ingredients bought as a seasonal skin booster treatment from luxury skincare brands as well as those found within wellness spas. Without the trouble of having to wrap a glass ampoule in a towel in order to snap it open. Your skin takes 28 days to renew itself, and with the variations in temperature from the change in season, your skin can benefit greatly from a natural based antioxidant rich botanical formula to revitalise your skin. My skin looks clearer thanks to Kakadu Plum Extract, the wrinkles on my forehead are less prominent, the level of hydration has increased in my cheeks  where they have felt tight in the past and I have experienced less sensitivity and redness after shaving thanks to the added Echinacea and Spilanthes Extract. I'm ready to glow!

The Rose Silk Finishing Powder is like no other. Picture a luxury skincare product, then powderise it for ease of application throughout the day. Precious botanicals instantly reduce oiliness, without ghosting your skin, even the darkest of skin tones can use this translucent powder without it leaving a trace. The non drying formula has the added benefits of soothing the skin with witch hazel, arnica and calendula. It is great as a mattifyer half way through the day if you wear makeup. I use it when my ezcema flares up and I need to calm the redness down.

When you combine the oils of Rose Wardia, Rose Anatolia, Rosa Centifolia, Rose Gallica and Turkish Rose; it is not an overwhelming experience, it is warm and luxurious. Some rose fragrance notes take it light whilst others take it to heart. This in turn melds beautifully in Jurlique's Essence Of Rose roll on fragrance oil. Ready in your pocket or your bag to balance and restore your day naturally. 





As a former hairdresser, I have worked my way through many different shampoos and conditioners which where formulated to keep colour treated hair from fading. Some products contain a mild level of hair colourant whilst others over condition your hair in order to seal the hair strand to prevent colour loss. This in turn may dry your hair out or weigh it down. This is why I was happy to read that Klorane's shampoo with pomegranate is great for enhancing the colour in your hair without the trade offs. The natural tannins in pomegranate act as an astringent which bind to and precipitates proteins. Keratin is a fibrous protein within the hair strand. Great for your hair and they are doing some great work with the Klorane Botanical Foundation.



Nude By Nature are definitely rockin it with the rose gold appeal. The launch of their new Flawless Foundation and their Sheer Glow BB Cream brings together the wonders of natural makeup with the healing benefits of natures best, encased in a rosey hue. Most BB Creams I have to blend down with my moisturiser as they have medium to full coverage which is more than I need from a BB Cream. I can use a foundation for that. I am happy to say that the Sheer Glow BB Cream is definitely sheer and it isn't lacking anywhere as the added Kakadu Plum Extract, Desert Date Oil, Aloe Vera and Desert Lime bring the Beauty into this Balm. I like to team it up with their Dark Natural Mineral Cover powder when I need the look of sun kissed charm, without the harm.

King M. Rakic...Primed & Ready For The Festive/Party/Summer Season!

Comments

Popular Posts