Endless-ly Seeking Sensibility

Sensibility-
The quality of being able to appreciate and respond to complex emotional or aesthetic influences.

A couple of months ago I attended a beauty expo. I had high hopes, big dreams, of what it may all be about...It was ok, it was good.

Last month I attended a gift fair, the plan was to collect supplier catalogues for work, I didn't have any expectations as this was my first gift fair. I asked someone who was leaving the fair "How was it?", "Good...ok" she replied robotically. I guess that was her perception, what she personally thought as well as what she believes her customers would think of the products that where on display at this gift fair. Taking different demographics into consideration as well as listening to your customer needs is the key information that you need to keep in mind at all times at an industry trade event. Knowing exactly what your customers want and need is the holy grail for every business owner. There are so many different factors to take into consideration. Getting this right at least 80% of the time, makes for a successful business. 

Fifteen minutes into the gift fair, I met two (in my mind, although I am not the decision maker) interesting suppliers with good products at affordable prices. Then on the fourth stand it was jackpot! Endless Candles . The soft pastel colours of the Elegance Collection  caught my eye. Isn't that first moment exactly what we initially need for our customers? A product that creates impact? First impressions count.

Elegance-The quality of being pleasingly ingenious & simple
The Wanderlust Collection is exploratory within the unique marrying of scents, more embellished in the packaging than the Elegance collection, each to their own. I am looking for simplicity, luxury, affordability and a point of difference...I found that and more.

I picked up a candle in order to put my trained nose to work as a beautiful lady approached me to welcome me to the brand. I couldn't help myself, my barrage of questions commenced faster than I could actually think of what those questions would be. She excused herself as she wanted to introduce me to Mary, who could elaborate further. This gave me a moment to gather my thoughts as well as my overly exuberant questions.

Mary Gouganovski & King M. Rakic
How was the candle scent throw? The burn time? Composition, Inspiration, Company Background..oops I went straight into my journalist/blogger/cosmetic lover mode at full speed. Mary didn't bat an eyelid as she answered every question, then she asked me for more questions. This is me in my professional and personal heaven-rapid fire, rapid answers, rapidly on par with one another.

Half way through my interview/interrogation, I just had to reach for a candle in order to put my olfactory senses to work as things were going too well. There had to be a catch. The smell perhaps? Was it sickly sweet? Sombre and subtle? I don't mean to sound negative, but lightning doesn't hit that often, neither does the holy grail of interviews-the complete package. Fortunately I have been in this situation a couple of times in the past whilst interviewing celebrities, entrepreneurs, mumpreneurs as well as making a difference to a customers day when they visit me at work and they are feeling concerned about something and I try to find a way to make things a little bit easier for them. Especially when I talk to my true hero's-kids living with a chronic illness or disability. It hits me right to the core of my being. It makes my heart beat a little bit faster and they inspire me on different levels whilst the whole process gives me purpose.
My interview with Kosheen for BMG Records & Resident Advisor.
Maverick is my middle name. My online reviews started here in Nov, 2001.

It would be great if we sold Endless Candles' products where I work. Regardless of the outcome, I need to blog about this brand as it moved me. I write a lot on my Instagram and Facebook pages, but not a lot makes it onto this blog. My two "same, but different" social media pages act as drawing boards for ideas as well as helping me to connect with like minded individuals. I felt a connection to Endless Candles on that day, for sure.

But how does it smell King?! Sorry I digress, as per usual. Each candle, and their accompanying products, appealed to me in different ways. To be used at different times of the day, when I search for a candle to lift me up, to mellow me out, to match a sensual mood, to accompany me wherever I go in the form of their scented body products. I like each variation in this collection. That is saying a lot as I am fussy in many indiscriminate ways.

I want a fragrance with a medium scent throw. They have it.
I want something not too girly, so that it appeals to men as well. They have it.
I want affordable luxury. They have it.
I want natural based products. They have it.
I want (but not entirely necessary) a family owned company who is passionate about their products, they are indubitably.

270 businesses around Australia stock products from the Endless Candles collection and they are sharing the fragrant love with their customers. Better late than never with my discovery of the brand. My mind and my heart are always open to possibilities. Whether they are near, far or far-fetched.


Elegance Personified.
-My product review of the captivating Oud & Jasmin is coming soon-


King M. Rakic
#TheCandleWhisperer - Ariel CandleCocktail Candles
Disclosure-The hand cream was given to me as a gift. My review is independent and unpaid as I am a not for profit. She also gave me a massive hug which was sincerely welcomed and appreciated. 

Comments

Popular Posts