Bus-ted Back

Something happened this afternoon on a bus and I have deliberated the whole day whether I should write a post about it or not. I try to remain positive, but sometimes bad things happen and shying away from it isn't helping anyone. However I will never Repost physical violence. 

This afternoon on my bus trip to work, the bus swerved suddenly and an elderly man fell quite hard onto the internal stairs. He couldn't get up. I immediately grabbed his left arm and a man grabbed his right arm to help him up. It wasn't easy and it took all of our strength. No one else helped, they watched on.

I advocate for disability awareness and the other man who helped this man up and onto his feet was a man who just happens to have down syndrome. No blame game or anything from me, I'm not angry, in fact I am in tears as I write this, I just felt disappointed when I think of the work that I do online to create awareness amongst the community and they don't seem to care for each other. Help me please.

KMR

Comments

Popular Posts