Beaute-ful World

Beauty is where you find it.

Sometimes the ugliness of one or anothers actions can throw us into disbelief. Sometimes getting malignant cells cut out of your body can lead to the feeling that they have cut out your heart, your soul, but they haven't. Disbelief that anything or anyone can be beautiful again lingers. But it can be beautiful, you can be beautiful, you can see beauty if you believe in what it is that truly makes up your being. You are more than flesh alone.

Easter long weekend was a great, disturbing, weird, wonderful weekend.

It ended with my mum lifting her top to show me her mastectomy scars...I was like "yeah go for it, show me". It was partially what I thought it might be, mum feeling like she has lost her womanhood, we are more than our genetals and mammary glands are we not? This is going to take some time..not sure what I was thinking?!

Mum compared herself to her father who had lost 3 fingers, he was an accomplished woodsmith, on one hand for longer than I had known him. She said that she knows how he may have felt without those body parts. This was interesting as it brought up the fact that mum had her teeth removed a few years ago and she occasionally wears dentures. Why are breasts more traumatic?

Best to just go with the flow-be it cerebral, a feeling or tears..I'm good for now.

KMR

Comments

Popular Posts