Merry, Merry, Quite Contrary.

Those of us who work in retail find it hard to keep up with different religious holidays, but we have to in order to understand our customers needs.

I have heard people self edit their own words as if they may offend that person somehow. For example "Have a Merry Christmas. Oh sorry, you don't celebrate Christmas." Some people do cross over, to the Merry side. Others dabble in it occasionally. 

No I won't say "Happy Holidays" to be politically correct as politics are not my thing. 
I will wish everyone a Merry Christmas because for the most part, customers wish it back to me, regardless of their religion. I like that. 

It is also my chance to break away from 11 months of "Have a great day" which I sincerely wish upon everyone. But it doesn't have the same verbal uplift as Merry Christmas.

Why be great when you can be Merry!

KMR

Comments

Popular Posts