A Truly Gift-ed Child

The videos (unfortunately there are a few in circulation) where the child unwraps their gift and they become overjoyed when they see the XBox image on the box, only to open the box to find a brick inside...is not cool. What's worse is when the parent (parent by birth, not by nature/nurture) then started laughing and as if by "teaching the child life lessons" they started to lecture the child on what it is like to live within their means and to ask them "did you honestly think that people like us can afford stuff like that. Forget about it." Yes, how dare that child dream and maybe even get a job after school and buy it for themselves. Rules are meant to be broken, not dreams.

As adults we may not have all of the answers and that may make us feel that we are left with all of the problems. But it is totally fine to say no to your children, be honest as to why you are saying no to their barrage of requests. 11 months of the year I had to have whatever toy was advertised on tv. "I tried to make mum go to retail, but she said 
No, No, No. 
Yes mum went black, but when she came back, she said No, No, No."

On the 12th month it was christmas and my mum would say "Yes, what toy do you want now?" I thought I wanted them all, I ended up realising that I didn't really need a toy at all. "A-Z Encyclopedia collection of books it is then!" said mum. Yuck! As if I would ever use those books!...my A & B grades in high school proved me wrong indeed. 

KMR
#HappyToBeWrong

Please read my blog-
This Christmas Think Differently

Comments

Popular Posts