Australian Census Night August 9th

Dear Aussies,
Please take the census seriously as the government is basically asking you how you would like your money (taxes) spent.

Think before you answer.

I was an actor, but my primary source of income was working in retail. If I answered that I work in retail etc, there could be a wasted opportunity to fund more projects to support Actors in Australia. It is still telling the truth, but in the correct order as I was an Actor trying to get work. Got my first acting job after the census (my life is built on irony). So think it through and tell people the truth.

*Especially if you live daily with a mental health condition.
*Especially if you live daily with a disability.
*Especially if you are recovering from an alcohol or drug addiction

They need to know how to support you best. Be honest. Be you. Miracles may not happen, but they could.

KMR
P.S. Allegedly the fine is $180 if you don't do the Census.

Comments

Popular Posts