I Am Always On The Hunt For Solutions

I must admit that as a beauty blogger, I rarely (if at all) talk or write about make up. There is no real reason other than the fact that skincare research and development has achieved such positive results for customers that the use of makeup should be perceived as a touch of colour or a quick enhance. I love learning new things about makeup, I am a makeup artist, I wear it lightly. Two or more hours for makeup is best left to those who act more like a brand than a person. If you have that time to spare and you can afford not to work, then please use a bit of that time to help a charity or community centre.

Spa consultations now start with "what is your concern?", mostly the problems have been solved. Makeup to conceal, shape, correct was a thing of the 80's, no need to hide a problem if you do not have a problem.
My blog "Make Under" debunks a few makeup artist myths.
If you want to wear makeup, please do. But it does not make you a less empowered man or woman..yes it's just makeup. As long as we keep defining makeup as products for women, will we have issues arising with oppression and inequality. As a child of domestic violence, I am in no way denying that there are problems out there. Mostly gender specific. I just want to be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem eg"I'm a man, those problems aren't for me, they are womens problems". Men in Scotland wear kilts, that's like a skirt, does that mean that they are women?!
We have people problems on a much larger scale and not much has changed in all of the years since we started walking this earth. But things can change, if we want them to change.
Not written by me, but a great read- Real Dads Let Their Sons Do Their Makeup

Let's make it-
👫Makeup for people.
👫Fragrances for people.
👫Skincare for people.

Similar KMR blogs-


King M. Rakic
"Always on the hunt for solutions".

Comments

Popular Posts