If I Were A Boy?


I guess negativity comes in different shapes and sizes when it comes to the words or phrases that we use whilst speaking or writing.

Sure the image with this blog is a "political correction" and generally it can feel like you are being preached to, but sometimes it makes sense. Kind of like when you get older and you realise that mum or dad were right in some of the things that they said/nagged you about. Mostly. 

"Boys will be boys" could have a cumulative effect not on just how girls see themselves, but how other boys do too. Does this mean that due to having more testosterone, I can relatively do whatever I like if I use that phrase? Sure the police will not let you off for a serious offence whilst saying "boys will be boys", but that doesn't control what they might be thinking...you control your thoughts.
I do not condone gossip or name calling. Not funny, not necessary.

Think again.
Be kind.

KMR
P.S. Unfortunately suicide is still one of the top ten causes of death. Are they trying to live up to your "expectations"? I don't know?

My blog- Words-Make Or Break

Comments

Popular Posts