KMR Beaute Close To 10,000 Viewers Globally. I Thank You!


THE BLOG THAT KEEPS ON GIVING

Thank you to every single one of you from over 25 countries for taking the time to read or glance through my blog.

Sixteen months ago I wasn't sure about starting my own blog. I thought that talking about myself was self indulgent and it may be one sided. But my blog wasn't really about me, it is more about my experiences professionally as a Manager across different industries which always brought me back to my work with fragrance and cosmetics and I started to share my stories of where I have believed in people more than they believe in themselves and worked with them to turn their perceived weaknesses into their strengths. Not all hearts and minds where open to this, but it's not about me. I forgot about my early days in Sydney when I worked for two dance music websites reviewing events and music for two major record labels. The hunt for a unique story, product or service that made me feel the need to share it with others started to fire me up and then I could see the need for me to stop doubting myself and start blogging.


It is interesting that through tough times such as wars of the past and the global financial crisis not so long ago, people lost so much but lipstick sales increased as most women wanted to hold onto one piece of affordable luxury. Men not too long ago started to step up their grooming and the label "metro sexual" was bandied around everywhere as cosmetic houses went into overdrive to create their "For Men" ranges. In Europe we just see it as "getting ready for the day",  some radio and television talk back shows questioned if masculinity was at threat, David Beckham led us through this "new era". Through adversity we start to rebuild, but looking good was more than impressing your admirers, it was a moment to care for yourself and to literally put on a happy face. 

Fake it til you make it.


So I guess a blog that reviews cosmetics, fragrances, offers helpful people management advice for work and builds people up to feel better each day doesn't sound too out of place after all?

We may not be able to change the world, but we can change the world around us.

With my blog there are no DVD's, books to read or mirrors for you to talk to on a daily basis to convince you that you are a good person who has a lot to offer. I am a realist who has been through some pretty tough times and at times I had no choice but to move forward. When your options are reduced, it isn't always a punishment or a lesson, sometimes it is the removal of obsticles in your way. Perception is often stronger than positivity. If you see yourself as a victim, then that is what you will be. If the same action gets you the same negative result, try the opposite.
The 80's were about outdoing each other and our self value was measured by the size of our shoulder pads. Looking for other peoples weakness to highlight your own perceived strength thankfully dissipated. Years flowed on and a vicious circle of strife ensued, prozac and technology dulled the strife, psychiatrists we could not afford. If you get lost, feel what you need to feel and then find yourself. Talk more, stress less and set clear boundaries around you as words can make or break you. It's not easy, but the opposite is not an option.

KMR
Instagram.com/kmr.beaute
Facebook.com/kmrbeaute
YouTube-KMR Beaute
(Art/Design Page) Instagram.com/kmr.esthetique

Comments

Popular Posts