Skincare For....You


There is a lot of money that a company can make simply by adding "For Her" onto their packaging. Why is that so? Simply because marketing managers understand that women like to shop more than men and they are a lot more savy when it comes to products. This is not always the case, but it is prevalent across many industries.

As a hairdresser, it always bothered me as to why I was charging $150 to cut women's hair and yet the price was $30 to cut mens hair. The quick answer to my question was that men would not pay that same amount. Yet in reality cutting mens hair proved to be a lot more difficult as you are cutting a lot closer to the scalp and achieving a consistent length proved to be a challenge.

The same can be said for fragrance, as I have previously written in Eau De Magnifique, and skincare.

Skin is skin. There are some differences as men have facial hair to contend with on a daily basis. But if you compare the price of mens skincare to ladies, then you will see that there is a great divide. Even some skincare brands who share the same beliefs as I do, fall into the same old trap of describing their products in feminine terms. This has a negative effect on men who may have concerns with their skin as they may not find a solution in their standard mens range.

The same can be said for placing an age range on certain ranges of skincare as environmental conditions can alter your skin to behave in a manner that contradicts your age.

The best question is to ask yourself "how does my skin feel?", "how would I like my skin to feel", "what do I want to see when I look at my skin in the mirror". Then you are on the right path to selecting the best products for yourself.

KMR

Comments

Popular Posts