Labels Don't Define, But They Can Refine

I am not too comfortable with labels which makes it difficult to summarise myself at times. I am not affiliated with any religions, I guess the label that fits the best is-humanitarian.

My love of sociology, anthropology and my name being King, as a reference to a King and his community, ties in well.

Humanitarian-"having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people". Yeah I like that! 

I don't believe in extreme views and beating a drum. But I do believe in presenting a different view on life to people and challenging some of their "humour". "Joking" about a woman having a black eye because she is too slow is not ok on any level, for example. And "jokes" about people with disabilities will get you nowhere with me, I draw a firm line there. I have my own private online group that is an open forum for people to discuss alcohol and drug awareness, my father was a violent alcoholic and yet I feel compelled to help. Don't let a bad situation define you. If someone is homeless does that make them less of a human being? That doesn't mean that I have an open door policy on my life and I help everyone, I'm not that selfless. It means that I have compassion and I show it when I can. 

I know it's hard as we zone out on social media. Facebook is a multitude of rapid fire "likes" and "share". Just slow down a bit and think. Yes I slip up, but my like minded friends are there to remind me of what isn't cool when I fall.

Does that mean I am a serious moral authority? 
Hell no.
I was raised to laugh daily, have a positive outlook on life and to believe that I am more than I think that I can be. Thanks mum, I'm still finding my way.

That doesn't mean you have to agree with me on everything, vive la différence!

King M. Rakic
Instagram.com/kmr.beaute

Comments

Popular Posts