Old & New


"When we where touring we discovered that the Chinese characters for 'Ko' and 'She' had a meaning of Old and New. Our group name was something that we where throwing around and Kosheen just sounded right, we didn’t realize that it had this meaning"






16 years ago I started working for Universal Music Australia, Central Station Records, Resident Advisor & MusicLive. Artist interviews, music and event reviews, editorial, cosmetic product reviews and launches. Most notably I have interviewed artist DJ Sammy who's track 'Heaven' launched him onto the international scene and his records label's office in Sydney for an interview with me. Humbling indeed.

In 2001 I had the pleasure of interviewing Paul Mac, an accomplished dance music pioneer who's album "3000 Feet High" was about to be released. It took his career to a whole new level. In fact my interview was so early into this album that the compact disc that I received before the interview wasn't even produced. I had a hand written copy which I still treasure today. 
3000 Feet High-Paul Mac. My Mastered Copy

I must have the gift of the gab or something relatable perhaps? Learn, teach, discover, excite, inform, challenge the norm.

As I fondly look back on my work (on and off) within the beauty industry, I remember a time when I worked online, to a different vibe. Music was my first love. Below is the link to my interview with Kosheen in 2001. What was OLD IS reNEWed. I worked as a reporter under my middle name-Maverick.


KMR
King Maverick Rakic


Comments

Popular Posts