I Am Naturally Sensitive & Irritated

Klorane Soothing & Anti-Irritating Care For Hair & Scalp

Some of you may know that my first job out of College was as a hairdresser. Ever since I can remember, dandruff has held me as a hostage whilst anti dandruff shampoos offered me brief relief. The shampoo dried my scalp out even more, exacerbating my irritated situation. 

I was first introduced to Klorane's Strengthening & Revitalizing Shampoo With Quinine & Vitamin B for "Lifeless, Thinning Hair". I have a large forehead, people at times guess that I have a receeding hair line, I don't. All good as this shampoo smelt great and it did give my short hair some curl, I wasn't expecting that. As well as lightly calming my scalp. That was then and the new "Soothing & Anti-Irritation" range is now. 

The Key product in this new range is the SOS Serum. I can not live without a serum for my face, is this the same texture but for my scalp? Most serums for the face have the consistency of an emulsion. An emulsion on your scalp would potentially work well, if you don't have any hair as it would absorb most of it whilst you try to get it onto your scalp. So is this serum for a scalp like mine which has mild to moderate dandruff? It isn't specifically for the treatment of dandruff, but yes it worked well, very well. Please read on.

This product review blog is my independant review of the shampoo, 
with my experienced opinion. Hopefully it helps others. 
I am 100% not for profit. Products gratefully supplied by Klorane.

So is it an oil based serum?..This was one of the many questions which I asked our Klorane representative when she visited the pharmacy where I work. 

This is a water based serum which you can spray onto short hair and work it into your scalp or you can use the nozzle for a direct spray onto your scalp for those with longer hair. The information brochure states that test subjects reported a 97% positive result in terms of comforting their scalp irritation upon application. Comfort was restored after 7 days of use to the same 97%. After using the serum myself, I agree with the findings of the 32 subjects who participated in this test.
King M. Rakic selfie outdoors

The soothing active ingredient in the serum, shampoo and the gel conditioner is the root of the peony plant which is scientifically proven to reduce irritation within the pH balanced formula. Potentially, if this works for you as well as it worked for me, you no longer need a specific hair shampoo for sensitive (or dandruff) scalps and say another shampoo to lock your colour in if you dye your hair etc. Just use a shampoo and conditioner that you want to use and let the serum soothe you. Keep it in your work bag or gym bag to re-apply it during the day if you need to. Saying that, I didn't need to as irritation only returned marginally, say 2-5%. Much better than the normal rate of 50-60% irritation from my scalp throughout the day. If a spray doesn't go your way, then Klorane have a shampoo and a gel conditioner for you to customise to your needs.

It smells fresh and it is in pink packaging which is reminiscent of the pink peony flower...So then, is it not for men to use? It is for sensitive and irritated scalps, men and women. If you feel that you are too manly to use this range, then good luck with your sensitive and irritated scalp. I am fine thanks, I have Klorane

 KMR 
!No More Itchy..
..And Scratching My Head!

                                                                 

Comments

Popular Posts