It Serves Me Well To Help And Understand Others

Thanks to Impact Billions for their post and for being my inspo for todays blog
I studied, performed and researched acting, singing and dancing for nearly 20 years. I took it seriously, but I'm not an overly serious person. I wasn't destined to be performing Macbeth. I'm ok with that.

In College I topped the whole state in my drama performances and assessment results. No one knew, I only told my mum about this recently. Why? Because I was too busy getting it done to stop and report on it. Each to their own. Since the age of 7 I wanted to be a psychiatrist. I need to serve, to help, to understand. Acting? You need to serve the audience with the story, help them to believe in you, you need to thoroughly understand your character. 

As I appeared in a Sambucca commercial. How could I promote alcohol when my mum lived with a violent alcoholic?..I have asked myself.."That was his life journey, not yours" mum replied..but still?
I was signed to Russell Crowes original agent, I was grooming myself for Los Angeles. To start all over again as I did in London. 
During this time, paparazzi started going through celebrities rubbish bins for fun to see what they were buying etc. Now we have blogs and we present products to you. Some get paid to do this, I am strictly a not for profit. With all due respect to those who get paid, I mean this respectfully. My product research, my words, my blog reviews are 100% me and the least that I can do to serve. 


Upbringing, positivity, attitude and mental health; that comes from my mother and I credit her accordingly. Despite mum not having internet access nor has she read any of my work. 
KMR Beaute is not about my mum or about my life's journey. To quote my mum "It is just something inside me. Something that I had to do"..that's me with my blog and associated social media. But for my mum, those where the actual words that she used to try and explain to me why she would leave my violent and alcoholic "father" when at a time 40 years ago, there were no domestic violence units. Now we have the police support, however there is virtually no funding. 

An acoholic dying from their addiction isn't so common these days, we "have it under control", we have memes. Death from illegal drugs doesn't seem to come up that often either. Health complications from living sedentary lives is on the increase. 
Are things easier nowadays?
Talk to each other and help out when you can by fixing the underlining issues, not the symptoms. Physical health and most importantly, mental health.

KMR



Comments

Popular Posts