Comply Don't Lie

Hmm rather
'Thierry Mugler'..©..
Too Funky, George Michael video clip. Naughty Gaultier!
✋ 
Thierry Mugler 1992 Niki Taylor
I know that at the very core of our being, as artists our work is influenced by so many different sources-images, dance moves, wording, musical riffs, material patterns, makeup artistry etc and of course it may cross over from one artist to another. It is almost impossible to copyright or trademark every small piece of material that made up your big artistic picture (aka intellectual property). You could try, but it may push you over the edge ("of glory and I'm hanging on a moment of truth"-The Edge, Lady Gaga. See what I did there..).

I repost the heck out of everything that influences me on my two Instagram pages as I search for something that will cause a spark within me, then I pull myself away and I start to work on my own (mostly I am talking about my blog writing) and that spark starts a flame and I am mostly 'on fire'.

Sure I am #ForPeopleNotForProfit yet I still prefer to quote my influences or attach the image of the influence, I also have a written Impressum on my Facebook page to hopefully explain things a little clearer to others if need be. If you are set up for profit, then you need good advice.

"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal."-Picasso..before the age of litigation.
Too Funky-George Michael

KMR
#ComplyDontLie
#Repost @jpgaultierofficial ・・・
...OH... #JeanPaulGaultier #RTW #AW92

Comments

Popular Posts