Premeditated Kindness

In one of my 15 or so lives, I was a professional "jump out and scare people" person. Unpaid initially.

My mother would not let me live if I tried it on her, so my friends copped it. Being the skinny, bendy, ex dancer person that I am, I could fit into impossibly small cupboards. Jumping out of a cupboard when someone walks in is classed as an amateur status-quick, they knew you were in there somewhere. Luring them into the room by calling out their name, waiting whilst they search a bit and then when I could sense from their body language (tiny gap in cupboard door) "I thought I heard my name, I must be mistaken as he is definitely not in here"...Bam! Like a ninja!

Due to being too good (of course) and a few interventions later (formal sit down, "we as friends..." speech), I decided to retire. 
Me. To the left, to the left..
ALTHOUGH, The Sydney Halloween Festival appreciated my work. Yes I got paid to scare people.

Now I am stuck in a life of surprising people with random acts of kindness. I still get the same buzz during preperation (not so "random", but it can be if they are random people who are the recipient), but the joy that I get in return, exceeds a lot further than my thrilling life as a professional ninja.

KMR
P.S. I hope that today's recipient is still happy

Please read about my pre-ninja days-
I Give, Not Because I Have A Lot

Comments

Popular Posts