Understand Your Value

I have worked for all of the major prestige brands in skincare, fragrance and 
makeup both in London and Sydney. I do not see myself as an expert, yet I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge.."but why? how?" was my catchphrase pre-Google. It still is my catchphrase as an answer to a question (customers questions vary considerably) isn't necessarily comprehension of the subject at hand.

I am not one for fashion, but I do believe in buying good quality items without compromising on its durability. Yes I have seen people use the temporary soft cloth bags permanently to protect their designer wallets from scratches. It's not a bad thing to do, but life is for living. Watching people struggle with the tiny cord as it knots around the cloth bag makes me wonder if a cheap wallet might be more practical in the end. 

Gucci is my preference for wallets, shoes ($omeday) and accessories. Versace suits me for sunglasses, my timepiece and their porcelain. Their costume jewellery is gold plated which isn't durable enough for me. Donatella, I am not saying no exactly.
Me Having Fun At No Expense
A well worn wallet of mine could not be repaired by the Gucci artisans in Italy, the flagship store in Sydney sent it back home for assessment. I resided myself to buying a new wallet if that was the case. Instead they offered me a credit for the full amount that I paid when I bought my wallet several years ago. I applied to the purchase of my new Gucci wallet. I was touched by this gesture and that is what sticks with me when I occasionally shop. I do not expect this to be offered to me again in future. I am happy to pay or take what comes my way.

Money doesn't make me a rich man, but I am.

KMR
#versacehotel someday ;)

-But wait, there's even more value in my blog The True Value Of My Invisible Diploma

Comments

Popular Posts