School Of Hard Knocks


I never went to beauty school, but I was taught by the best and I have worked for every major retail cosmetics brand selling and applying their makeup, skincare and fragrances. I have worked as a freelance makeup artist and as a beauty therapist for a couple of brands before working my way into the position as the Booking Agent and State Trainer for Australia's number one cosmetics and events agency.

In College I received the top grade for the state in Dramatic Arts. I was a quiet achiever, some of my fellow students where a lot more vocal in their "disapproval." Perhaps they could have channelled that negative energy into their own studies, they would have been very successful. If that were the case.

I reviewed events, music and cosmetics for two dance music websites. My work caught the attention of a couple of key people within Central Station Records and Universal. I was fast tracked to interview their artists in Australia and overseas. I haven't studied journalism, but I conducted my work seriously and ethically. This remains with me today whilst researching material for my blog, although my execution is a lot more jovial.
It's a bit over the top, but it's true. I am a 2 time International Bronze medallist for Australia in Tenpin Bowling. 
I studied management in London. I haven't completed a University degree, but I did self fund my way through courses within a University with CEO's and CFO's when I could afford it and I went above and beyond what I thought I could be as a General Manager for Regus.

Are you holding yourself back?

King M. Rakic
-Please read my blog A Requiem For Success



Comments

Popular Posts