Home Weekly Ritual


Home facials are something that you must do.
It is not just to help you to look good, it is to help you to feel good as you take some time out from the world. I like to do my ritual at the end of my working week as to me it signifies washing away the week that was and opening me up to my time.

The photo above shows you the products that I use and this is my staple, based on the function of the product more so than the brand. Although these brands have impressed me in terms of their ingredients, price and efficacy.


Cellular Skin RX Polishing Grains I use daily. You add these 50/50 with your normal cleanser in the palm of your hand and massage it onto wet skin as it gently exfoliates your skin. Made from finely ground Adzuki beans, they are gently enough to use daily, unless you have very sensitive skin then use them three times a week. Exfoliation is the best thing that you can do to help your serums and moisturiser to do their best, otherwise they are absorbed by the dry skin on the surface which will natural shed in time.

Skinn DermAppeal is microdermabrasion in a jar and this is the best of the best. I only use this once a week when I am having my home facial. The prominent peppermint oil is like a refreshing slap in the face as it energises your skin and wakes you right up. Perfect after a heavy working week.
Be gentle with your circular motions here as the paste like product is very dense and packed with magnesium oxide crystals. You will not need a lot of motion to feel the exfoliating action. Other brands that I have tried have less granules and I felt ripped off in the past to be honest.


Pur Exfoliating Mask. This mask contains fruit acids and red wine (Resveratrol) which smooths the skin. It contains granules if you would like to further manually exfoliate, but I would not recommend it as the Skinn DermAppeal will do that for you.
Leave this on for 10 minutes and you will feel it work. Yes it does tingle and sting at certain points, but that will subside. To me this is the knowledge that the product is doing what I want (and pay) for it to do. Those with sensitive skin, only leave it on for 5 minutes. Rinse off. Your skin will look smooth, pores will be minimized and your skin will be perfectly primed for your next treatment.

Dr Lewinns Ultra R4 Masque is a gem as it is a multi purpose mask, get more for your money. The mask rejuvenates, repairs and it gives your skin radiance. In my mind, the biggest function that it has is to gently deep cleanse your skin and pores. It is very soothing after the glycolic mask and it dries in 5 minutes, although I leave it on for 15 minutes.


All skin needs moisture and one of the best is the Skinn Wrinkle Soak Mask. It smells of watermelon. Case closed!
This transports you mentally to a tropical island whilst it cools and drenches your skin in moisture. Fine lines are plumped out and you feel refreshed.
You may need a small wet face towel to remove the mask as it has a gel feel which can take time to remove with just your hands and water.

You can not speed up this process by eliminating any of the products. You are worthy of this time out once a week. Do not settle for less. I recommend that you visit your favourite spa once a month to really immerse yourself into a mind, body and spirit experience. Weekly this ritual above is a non negotiable as prevention is always better than cure.

Comments

Popular Posts